June 10, 2014

What we've really been up to.

Well, I must say, yesterday was a bit of a blessing in disguise. I had planned a trip up to IKEA this morning (yes, with all three kids) to pick up a couple last things I needed for the playroom but IKEA with three kids (and other people) really is enough in and of itself to put me into labor so I bagged the trip and I'm still in my pajamas at noon. Since I also bagged my early morning workout I kind of have all this pent up energy so I spent it finishing the nursery, cleaning, organizing my little nursing stations for around the house and other random nesting stuff. Aaaahhhh, that felt good. Finally got the last of the baby stuff off the checklist. Except for finishing up freezer meals. I always say I'm going to do those then never get around to it. Oh well, at least BBQ season is coming up so Michael will be doing all the cooking grilling anyway.

As mentioned in today's earlier post, we've been living it up. Man, this weather has been incredible. Usually June is sucky rainy, but God must know I'll be stuck inside for a lot of the summer with a newborn so He decided to give us this freaking incredible weather. Like sun, hot hot sun.

Swoon.

Over Memorial Weekend, Michael and I finally got away on a little trip without the kids. It's been forever, man. We spent two nights in Seattle and we alternated between having fun and being bored (and filling our time with a whole bunch of random things). What the heck do people do without kids? We shopped, went onto to dinner with some friends, hit up a movie, went to the arcade, and slept in. For the first time in months and months I actually got to eat at a restaurant (TWO restaurants) that cater to highly sensitive gluten people like moi. And I ate so much food that baby some serious wattage over the weekend. (Just doing my part to work on those chubby baby thighs…) I was only slightly glutened (migraine, nausea, blah) and while I never ever intentionally expose myself to it, the food was so amazing that I can't help but say whatever.


The only thing kid related.



NO KID in carseat.







Nice view. And the water isn't bad either XOXO





Other things we've been up to, you might ask? Well how about this:


Lots of outside playing…











Lots of school…









A birthday party…





Paddleboarding at every chance we get…










A baby shower from all my awesome running friends…





Levi being crazy…






A baseball game…











Once, an incredible musical (even though I stayed up way too late. worth it). I'm not a cheater - this was taken before the show...





And counting body parts. This is either a couple elbows or a foot and something else…Points to me for showing my belly in all it's growing a baby glory.







So there. Whew, all caught up. Back to your regularly scheduled programming and you can be assured I'm gearing up to be here more because soon I will have yummy baby thighs to post about. Aaaaahhhhh, just want to squeeze them right now!


























No comments: